Umow Lai is a professional, multi-disciplinary Building Services Engineering and Sustainability Consultancy that is synonymous with design innovation, quality of documentation, cost effective solutions and highly sustainable performance outcomes.
Acclaimed leaders and innovators, Umow Lai was one of the first commercial consultancies within the Australian market to promote the Passive House design standard and our staff were deeply involved in the establishment of the APHA. Our defining advantage is our integrated approach to projects with our Certified Passive House Consultants working closely with our Building Services Engineers to realise the full potential of Passive House and the energy, thermal comfort and indoor air quality benefits. Our willingness to challenge conventional practice is also highly valuable, with the Passive House concept challenging traditional building and services design.
We have successfully applied our Passive House expertise on a number of local and international projects including small modular housing, luxury residential projects with uncompromised contemporary Australian architecture and large commercial/institutional/education projects.
In addition to our Passive House capabilities, we are widely recognised for award winning sustainable building design from very small to large projects and can offer a range of design services to clients including:
- Green Star, NABERS, LEED, WELL & BREEAM Green Building Certified Ratings
- Zero Carbon and Carbon Neutral Design
- Renewable Energy Systems and Integration
- Water Conservation, Recycling and System Design
- Energy Audits and Upgrade Assessments
- Geothermal Systems
- Cogeneration and Trigeneration
- Natural and Mixed-mode Ventilation
- Innovative HVAC system design (radiant, displacement, passive etc)
- Sustainable Materials Selection Advice
- NCC Section J Energy Efficiency Consulting Advice and Certification
- Advanced Energy, Thermal Comfort, Daylight, CFD and Natural Ventilation Computer Simulations
Contact: Nick Mulvany
Telephone: +61 3 9249 0288