Study the fundamental principles to achieve rigorous, energy efficiency in a building, reducing its ecological footprint resulting in ultra-low energy buildings that require little energy for space heating or cooling.
This course is aimed at ALL Building Professionals, including Architects, Building Designers and Mechanical, Civil, Structural and Electrical Engineers, Building Contractors and teachers looking to learn the skills and knowledge required to understand how to design build to the International Passive House standard.
You will need to attend 10 days 10:00 to 4:00 pm. The days are Sunday 28 May-Friday 2 June then Monday 5 June- Thursday 8 June.
Friday the 9th of June is an assessment day and is not included in this enrolment or payment.
On completion of the course there is the opportunity to sit the examination which is set by the Passivhaus Institut (Germany) and takes place all around the world on four pre-determined dates per year. On successfully completing the exam you will receive the internationally recognised accreditation as Certified Passive House Designer.
A PHI exam will be held at Sydney TAFE (date to be confirmed). The exam and associated fee does not form part of the course offering.
For a full list of course objectives, click here!
● Define the Passive House Standard
● Calculate the energy balance of Passive House buildings, considering transmission and ventilation losses as well as solar and internal heat gains
● Outline the principles of designing Passive House buildings
● Specify the performance characteristics of opaque envelope detailing, including insulation, airtightness and thermal bridging
● Specify Passive House window systems, including performance assessment and fitting details
● Summarise the fundamentals of thermal comfort during the summer
● Understand the issues used to calculate Primary Energy consumption, including electrical energy in Passive House projects
● Outline key indoor air quality issues assured in Passive House buildingsnderstand mechanical ventilation with heat or energy recovery including system design, detailing, sizing and layout
● Summarise space heating and hot water generation and distribution options for Passive House buildings
● Highlight important principles of cooling and dehumidification for summer comfort
● Complete the basics of economic efficiency calculation and profitability of deep retrofit measures
● Describe information to be considered in invitations to bid, construction site management and quality control
● Outline key information and support for occupants of Passive House projects
● Successfully complete exam style exercises, designs and multiple-choice challenges
High quality training materials with examination preparation exercises are provided.
Licensed copy of the PHPP software CPHD training manuals and Exam preparation material.
Use of personal laptop for use of software for note taking and excel for PHPP use
Passive House Course and Exam Enquiries:
Phone: 1300 360 601Web: http://sydneytafe.edu.au/course-details/165-5000118V01/tafe-statement-in-passive-house-design#results