With just over a month to go, APHA are really excited about the region’s main Passive House event of the year – the upcoming South Pacific Passive House Conference 2017.
After an incredible turnout last year in Melbourne, the energy and enthusiasm are sure to be matched this year in Christchurch.
As we creep closer to the date, as if a ‘work’ trip to Christchurch and its amazing scenery is not enough, here are 5 highlights for this year’s event described by PHINZ Chair and Founder, Kara Rosmeier.
- Get amongst your peers – Being amongst other sane people is typically a highlight of every Passive House conference. For SPPHC17, you’ll be exposed to international Passive House experts as well as local greats, which provides ample opportunity for networking, and not feeling like you are the one on the wrong side of the motorway.
- Learning from the converted – You may learn a few new tricks from the people at the cutting edge of Passive Housing; for example, this will be the first time someone from the mother-load of Passive Housing, the German Passivhaus Institut, ventures into the South Pacific, and Jessica Grove-Smith, a senior scientist with them, is also good fun to be around.
- PHI CPD points – A first for our region, PHI has approved each day of the conference as 8 CPD points and the clinic as 5 CPD points. Attend all three days and you’ll gain 21 CPD points towards the renewal of your Passive House Designer or Consultant qualification. ADNZ members can claim CPD points for the conference, Primer and Clinic through the ADNZ website.
- Make new Friends in the PH community – The gala dinner on the grounds of an historic cricket field will certainly be a highlight. Not only will there be a great selection of regional food and wine, but you will also be entertained by a harpist from the Christchurch Philharmonics. Obviously, the gala dinner is another great opportunity to make new friends.
- The Clinic – a master class for Passive House professionals, where all the questions you were struggling with since you passed the exam will be answered. Moreover, if you register by the beginning of February for both a full conference and the conference Clinic, you get in the draw: one lucky winner will get their money for the clinic back. Hurry!
Here’s the link to book your place, we look forward to seeing you in Christchurch for what’s going to be a fascinating event!